For entry to Year 7 in September 2022 the over-subscription criteria for Davison CE High School for Girls admissions are:
- Looked after children (children in public care) and children who were previously looked after.
- Children who are subject to a special guardianship order who have not previously been in local authority care. Evidence must be provided*
- Children who need a place at the school on exceptional and compelling social, psychological or medical grounds.
- Girls with a sister already attending the school who will still be there at the time of admission.
- Girls who attend linked Church of England Primary Schools in Worthing and Shoreham whose parent or parents are regular(1) worshippers at a Christian Church(2).
- Girls resident in the Borough of Worthing whose parents are regular(1) worshippers at a Christian Church(2).
- Other girls resident in the Borough of Worthing.
- Children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances: where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time which the admission to the school is made: and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Other girls not resident in the Borough of Worthing whose parents are regular(1) worshippers at a Christian Church(2).
- Other girls not resident in the Borough of Worthing.
In the case of over-subscription in any of the above categories, priority of placement is given to applicants who live nearest the school, measured by a straight line from the school to the child’s home address using Ordnance Survey address point data.
* Parents / Carers must provide written supporting evidence from an appropriately qualified person (usually a doctor or social worker). The evidence should state clearly why the school asked for is the only one that can meet the child’s needs in order for the West Sussex Council Director of Operations, Learning to reach a decision. Letters from parents are not normally considered sufficient evidence. Parents must provide the evidence themselves as the Pupil Admissions Team is unable to obtain evidence from social workers or doctors on their behalf.
Note 1: Regular means attending Church at least once a month for the period of two years prior to application. Confirmation will be required from a priest or minister on the supplementary form available from the school.
Note 2: A Christian Church is defined as one being a full member of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland or of the Evangelical Alliance.
Parents will need to complete a supplementary information form for applications to Davison CE High School for Girls if they wish to apply on the basis of faith or attendance at a Church of England school.