School uniform engenders a sense of belonging and a smart uniform encourages a more mature approach to learning. Parents are asked to give full support to the school uniform policy. Please approach the school in confidence if you require financial support in obtaining uniform; a small supply of quality second-hand uniform is available from school.
All students are expected to be in full uniform each day. They may be removed from lessons and isolated if they are not wearing the correct uniform or if their hairstyle or colour is deemed inappropriate. Parents should check with the school before purchasing items if they are unsure of whether they are suitable. The Headteacher’s decision is final.
- Skirt: Navy blue, pleated, to be purchased only from our official suppliers (Broadwater Sports or First4Uniform). Skirts should be below knee length and above ankle length.
- Jumper: Only the regulation school jumper is permitted from the above suppliers.
- Blouse: Plain white, three quarter-length sleeve with open necked collar that can be worn in or outside the skirt.
- T-shirts: Only plain white t-shirts or vests can be worn beneath school blouses.
- Tights: Plain black only. Leggings are not permitted.
- Socks: Plain black only.
- Footwear: Formal black shoes only without high heels. Sandals, backless shoes, boots, plimsolls or canvas shoes, or black trainers are not acceptable.
- Coats: All students need a coat or jacket for the cold weather. Coats or jackets are not to be worn in lessons and are not a replacement for the school jumper. Hoodies, cardigans and denim jackets are not permitted.
- Hair: Extreme styles of hair are unacceptable. No coloured/dyed/dip dyed hair. Hair colours must be natural, e.g. no blues, greens, pinks, oranges, purples or scarlets. Students may be isolated if the style of hair or colour is seen as inappropriate. If you are unsure as to what is acceptable, please contact the school in advance of getting a haircut or colour. If it is shoulder length or longer, girls will be asked to tie it back in Science, DT and PE for health and safety reasons.
- Jewellery: Jewellery is not permitted, except for a watch and one stud earring worn in each ear. As there are many occasions during the school day when girls will be required to remove all jewellery, it is very important that valuable items (both in terms of cost and sentiment) are left at home. Facial, other visible and stretch piercings are not allowed. Refusal to remove them may result in removal from lessons until compliance with this policy. If you are unsure as to what is acceptable please contact the school in advance.
- Make-up: If worn, should be discreet. Nail varnish may be worn in Years 10 & 11 only. False/Gel nails are not permitted.
- Red hat: A traditional part of the Davison uniform, this is worn when attending church or on some trips.
- Religious Observance: Headscarves/hijabs, head coverings should be plain navy only.
Davison Preloved uniform
We now have a second hand uniform shop in school with a small supply of various sizes of uniform/PE kit. If you are able to donate any pre worn uniform which is in good condition, Ms Bailey and Mrs Parnel at Reception would be very grateful.
To enquire about purchasing uniform from the shop please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All monies made from the sale of Davison Preloved Uniform will go towards extra curriculum activities and clubs.
- Plain navy games skirt: Optional embroidery with initials and surname of pupil.
- PE jumper: The official school PE fleece – optional embroidery with initials and surname of pupil.
Both of the above are available from the Uniform suppliers
- Red Short sleeved ‘aertex’ polo shirt: Must be embroidered with initials and surname of pupil.
- Black leotard: Long or short sleeved permitted.
- Plain (no logos, mesh) black stirrup leggings: for dance, gymnastics and games.
- Long red football type socks: for winter games and white ankle/ trainer socks for summer activities.
- Shin pads
- Optional kit: Plain navy blue, open bottomed tracksuit bottoms. Only bottoms without logos or stripes etc. will be acceptable.
The PE department also has a limited stock of second hand kit which can be purchased from the PE department with items starting at £1.
All items of kit must be clearly named and embroidery can be undertaken by the uniform suppliers if preferred.