How parents can help the school?
We know from experience that girls who have parents who are supportive of their children and ensure they are prepared for school do best. Therefore we ask that you:
- Provide your daughter with the basic equipment she needs in school
- Take an interest in your daughter’s work and urge her to do her best
- Encourage her to join in with after school clubs and activities
- Homework: check the homework planner on the FROG or the emails sent to you by your daughter’s teachers
- Ensure she has the correct uniform
- Know what our rules are on jewellery, make-up, hair-colour and support
us if your daughter is trying to move beyond the rules
- Encourage your daughter to attend school every day, despite
headaches and colds
We also are keen to hear from you if you have any concerns, the earlier the better. You should contact your daughter’s Form Tutor or Lead Tutor in the first instance.
You may be interested in becoming a school governor in which case contact the Clerk to the Governors, Sian Stokes on email us here. If you are not sure, please check out the Governor section of the Davison website.
To help us to offer support for various resources and activities beyond the school curriculum, for example, running the school minibuses, our rewards system, lunchtime and after school clubs, etc. we charge £15 per year to hire a school locker plus a one-off refundable £5 deposit for a combination padlock on joining the school.
Many parents are members of our Friends of Davison Association (FODS) which also raises money to provide additional equipment that our school budget does not cover. In the past FODS have provided a new minibus and a new lighting and sound system for our school hall and we are currently raising money for plasma screens around the school.
Please do support the social and fund-raising events which FODS hold in school, either by offering to help – no-one is ever turned away! – or simply by joining in the event.
We are always grateful for any items that could be used as prizes in raffles or in our Grand Draw, held every Christmas. If you are unsure whether to donate something you can check with our Community Manager, Nimie Bunyard on email us here